By M HAGG, R AHVENAINEN, A EVERS, K TIILIKKALA
The standard of our meals is more and more less than the highlight as patron call for for prime quality items grows. The subject matter of Agri-Food caliber II is the standard administration of plant established nutrition fabrics during the creation chain, from box to desk. There are discussions on components together with plant breeding, amendment of cultivation know-how and harvesting and garage ideas. With contributions from foreign specialists, Agri-Food caliber II can be of significant curiosity to nutrients scientists, agriculturalists or certainly someone concerned with a part of the foodstuff chain, either in academia and undefined.
Read or Download AGRI-FOOD QUALITY II (Special Publications) PDF
Similar nonfiction_5 books
- Indifference Pricing in a Basis Risk Model with Stochastic Volatility
- The Mastabas of Qar and Idu (Giza Mastabas vol 2)
- Annual Review of Immunology Volume 19 2001
- The Lonely Men: The Sackett Series, Book 14
Additional info for AGRI-FOOD QUALITY II (Special Publications)
3. C . Harland, Int. Journal of Production Planning Control, 1995,6,209. 1. Session I1 Consumer Attitudes to Improving Crop and Food Quality 39 D. S-Bridge, Farm Management, 1996,9,357. A. , 8. B. Wierenga, ‘Competing for the future in the agricultural and food channel’, In: B. Wierenga, A. van Tilburg, K. Grunert, J. Steenkamp and M. ), ‘Agricultural Marketing and Consumer Behavior in a Changing World’, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, Chapter 2, p. 3 1, 1997. 7. M. Porter, ‘The Competitive Advantage of Nations’, MacMillan Press, London, p.
INTRODUCTION While not many years ago quality of fiesh market products was primarily a matter of appearence and freshness the picture is now becoming more complicated and sometimes even contradictory. Many comsumers are increasingly concerned about health aspects of the food products eg. whether h i t and vegetables are free of pesticide residues or at least below a certain minimum. On top of this environmental influence of the particuar production methodology is a sign of quality attracting increasing interest.
G. the vegetable industry. This paper focuses on assessing both the quality perception of vegetables and the attitude of consumers to quality control throughout the vegetable production chain. The paper first addresses the research objectives and related methodology. The major part of the paper concerns the presentation and discussion of the results. Finally, in the conclusion section, key factors for a successfbl performance of the vegetable chain from field to table are identified. 2. RESEARCH OBJECTIVES AND METHODOLOGY The research methodology is based on primary exploratory (qualitative) and conclusive (quantitative) consumer research.